My professional and voluntary work has been developed in various fields, all of them related to the fight for social inclusion, diversity and gender equality.
Lecturer at the UCLM Immigration and Interculturality Master's Degree (Topic: Migrations and Gender) - Since October 2018.
Teacher at PeriFéricas, a social training school with a gender and decolonial perspective -Since July 2017.
Collaborator with several women´s empowerment support programmes in various countries such as Spain, Ireland (2004-2006), Guatemala (2011), Nepal (2012), Bolivia (2013), India (2015) and in the United Kingdom (since September 2016).
Previous Work Experience
- Head of Adult Social Inclusion at CARAS (Community Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers) (From April 2019 to October 2020). Previously, Women`s Project Coordinator at the same organisation, since March 2017. London.
- Managing Director of the European Anti-Poverty Network in Spain, an independent coalition of NGOs and other groups aimed at fighting poverty and social exclusion in the member States of the European Union (www.eapn.es/www.eapn.eu). January 2009 - September 2016 (Madrid, Spain).
Director of Communication, Volunteering and External Relationships, at RAIS Foundation, organisation aimed at fighting homelessness. November 2006 - December 2008 (Madrid, Spain).
Youth Project Coordinator & Youth Worker at Clondalkin Travellers Development Group. October 2004 - October 2006 (Dublin, Ireland).
Volunteering & External Communication Coordinator / Learning Centre Coordinator & Social Educator at “Proyecto Hombre Cantabria”, an organisation aimed at providing drug addiction treatment & prevention services. Jun 1997-October 2004 (Santander, Spain).
Private sector: Before starting my professional career in the social sector, I worked for a few years in the private sector as a Business Strategy Consultant (Santander, Díaz & Santurtún, Nov. 96 to June 97); Foreign Trade Office Worker (Pescados Santander, Nov.94-Oct.96), Advertising and Promotions Department Fellow (Madrid, Gas Natural SDG, January - December 1993).
Other Professional Activities
- Member of the Integr8 programme UK working group for migrant women inclusion in seven countries of the European Union (London, December 2016 - November 2018).
- Teacher at the postgraduate online specialization programme in management, planning and social innovation (UCLM Spanish University, 2015-2016)
- Member of the Gender Equality Working Group at the Social Action Body of the Spanish Ministry of Health & Social Services (Madrid, 2012 - 2016)
- Member of the Coordination Board of the Spanish Social Platform. (Madrid, 2012 - 2016)
- Guest with executive action on behalf of EAPN-ES at the Coordination Board of the Spanish Third Sector Platform. (Madrid, 2012 - 2016)
- Member of the Coordination Board of Fiare-Banca Popolare Etica” (Ethical Bank) in Spain, a popular credit cooperative and member of its Ethics Committee (Madrid, 2012-2014)
- Member of the Coordination Committee of the Integrated Local Action Plan against Discrimination. Project promoted by the Spanish Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality in partnership with the Spanish Municipalities & Provinces Federation (Madrid, 2011)
Member of the Coordination Committee of the Promoting Equality: awareness, discussion and debate, PROGRESS Programme 2010-2011 (Project promoted by the Spanish Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, in partnership with the "Promotion of Equal Treatment and Non-Discrimination Council”, and in coordination with Social Action NGOs (Madrid, 2010-2011).
- Member of the National Equality Working Group of the Irish Traveller Mouvement (Dublin, 2005 ).
- International Development Cooperation: more than five years collaborating with Intermon-Oxfam (Member of Oxfam International) 2000-2005, and other International Development NGOs in different projects such as Supporting Women's Empowerment Programmes, Awareness Rainsing and Fair Trade, in Spain, Ireland, Guatemala, Nepal, India and Bolivia.