My professional and voluntary work has been developed in various fields, all of them related to the fight for social inclusion, diversity and gender equality.
Consultant and Learning Facilitator on Social Inclusion, Diversity and Gender Equality - Since Setember 2016.
Teacher at PeriFéricas, school of social learning with a gender and decolonial perspective. Since July 2017.
Teacher at the Master´s Degree on Immigration & Interculturality of the Spanish UCLM University (Topic: Migrations and gender), since October 2018.
- Collaborator as Learning Facilitator with several women`s support and empowerment programs in several countries such as Spain, Ireland (2004-2006), Guatemala (2011), Nepal (2012), Bolivia (2013), India (2015) and United Kingdom (Since September 2016)
- Collaborator with several organizations such as IRMO-Indoamerican Refugee & Migrant Organization (Since December 2016); the Association Con la A (Since January 2014) and the Women`s Interfaith Network (Since September 2016).
Previous Work Experience
Managing Director of the European Anti-Poverty Network in Spain, an independent coalition of NGOs and other groups aimed at fighting poverty and social exclusion in the member States of the European Union (www.eapn.es/www.eapn.eu). January 2009 - August 2016 (Madrid, Spain).
Director of Communication, Volunteering and External Relationships, at RAIS Foundation, a foundation aimed at fighting homelessness. November 2006 - December 2008 (Madrid, Spain).
Youth Project Coordinator & Youth Worker at Clondalkin Travellers Development Group. October 2004 - October 2006 (Dublin, Ireland).
Volunteering & External Communication Coordinator / Learning Centre Coordinator & Social Educator at “Proyecto Hombre Cantabria”, an organisation aimed at providing drug addiction treatment & prevention services. Jun 1997 - October 2004 (Santander, Spain).
Corporate Image and Human Resources Consultant at Díaz & Santurtun Consulting. November 1996 - Jun 1997 (Santander, Spain).
Foreign Trade at Pescados Santander, November 1994 - October 1996 (Santander, España).
Fellow at Publicity & Promotions Department at Gas Natural SDG (Madrid, Jan.93-Jan.94)
Other Professional Activities
- Member of the Integr8 programme UK working group for migrant women inclusion in seven countries of the European Union (London, December 2016 - November 2018).
- Teacher at the postgraduate online specialization programme in management, planning and social innovation (UCLM Spanish University, 2015-2016)
- Member of the Gender Equality Working Group at the Social Action Body of the Spanish Ministry of Health & Social Services (Madrid, 2012 - 2016)
- Member of the Coordination Board of the Spanish Social Platform. (Madrid, 2012 - 2016)
- Guest with executive action on behalf of EAPN-ES at the Coordination Board of the Spanish Third Sector Platform. (Madrid, 2012 - 2016)
- Member of the Coordination Board of Fiare-Banca Popolare Etica” (Ethical Bank) in Spain, a popular credit cooperative and member of its Ethics Committee (Madrid, 2012 - 2014)
- Member of the Coordination Committees of two National Programmes Against Discrimination in Spain (Madrid, 2010- 2011)
- Integrated Local Action Plan against Discrimination. Project promoted by the Spanish Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality in partnership with the Spanish Municipalities & Provinces Federation.
European PROGRESS Programme 2010-2011: Promoting Equality: awareness, discussion and debate.Project promoted by the Spanish Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, in partnership with the "Promotion of Equal Treatment and Non-Discrimination Council”, and in coordination with Social Action NGOs.
- Member of the National Equality Working Group of the Irish Traveller Mouvement (Dublin, 2005 ).
- International Development Cooperation: more than five years collaborating with Intermón-Oxfam (Member of Oxfam International) 2000-2005, and other International Development NGOs in different projects such as Supporting Women Empowerment, Awareness Raising and Fair Trade in Spain, Ireland, Guatemala, Nepal and Bolivia.